Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chicago Hot Spot: The Renegade Craft Fair

I was so close to not attending this because it is about a 45 minute trek on public transportation, but I forced myself to go and headed over to Wicker Park to check out the Renegade Craft Fair.  And it was soooooo worth the trip!  If I hadn't put myself on a budget before I got there, I would have left the fair totally broke.  They had the most amazing things for sale from posters, to greeting cards, to jewelry to vintage goodies.  It was one of the best Sunday afternoons I've spent in a while. 

I did walk away with this beauty (mine is bright blue!) from Larken Design and I've already worn it twice since Sunday.
Some of the other sellers and pieces that I gawked over, and have now bookmarked on my computer to "buy later," include:

Strawberry Luna's Owl Prints

Zerobird's Chicago El Pillows
I also loved Colette Paperie's greeting cards, they were so clever!  I purchased one for my sister, but shhhh don't tell, it's not in the mail yet!
Via her Etsy Shop
I also got to see the amazing blogger from A Beautiful Mess, who was there selling gorgeous goodies from her shop Red Velvet, as well as many other sellers whose items I have seen, and drooled over, on Etsy before.  It was amazing seeing all of this in person!  It was such a great fair and I already cannot wait until next year

No comments: