Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stencils

I have been looking into options to update the backsplash in our kitchen for some time now.  I've found a lot of great ideas, but I couldn't decide on anything.  Tiling seemed like the most attractive option, but also the most difficult and expensive.  So we decided to just paint.  But then I couldn't decide on a color - too many options!  Then I came across this photo on Apartment Therapy of one reader's bathroom which she stenciled.  It is so gorgeous!

Photo via Apartment Therapy
I decided this was the perfect answer.  So I officially purchased the same stencil today from Royal Design Studio and I'll be heading to Home Depot over the weekend to purchase paint.  We are definitely going with a gray and yellow combo.  Maybe something along the lines of Behr's Chickadee and Martha Stewart's Mushroom.  I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Christa said...

This is going to be awesome! Post pics!