Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Diner En Blanc


Diner en Blanc (or "Dinner in White"), a Paris tradition, is coming to Chicago this month!  Tickets became available yesterday at noon and unfortunately I was wait-listed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get in!  It's a totally top secret dinner party where everything is entirely white - your outfit, your tables, chairs, dinnerware (you must bring it all yourself), everything!  They don't reveal the location until the night of, and they march the parade of white to the location where you can dine together in a beautiful color-less scene.  The tradition began in Paris back in 1988 and is finally making their debut in Chicago at the end of August.  I'm absolutely dying to go!  Normally I would be opposed to wearing all white, but I would make an exception for this.

Photo via In a Paris State of Mind

Photo via The Chicagoist

No comments: