Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ahhh Summer

The perfect way to spend your lunch break on a breezy summer day: With a good book, on a park bench, overlooking the Chicago River.  Gotta enjoy these last few days of Summer!


I'm currently reading Steve Martin's new book An Object of Beauty and I L.O.V.E it!  Art history has always been a big passion of mine but I've sort of let it slip out of my mind a bit since college.  But this book has totally brought back my love for it.  There are a few X-rated scenes in the book, one of which I was reading on a very packed train-ride home yesterday.  I'm pretty sure the man behind me was reading it over my shoulder.  I can only imagine what he thought I was reading.  But it is such a great book about the art world - artists, dealers, auctions, etc. and it's such incredible writing!  I think it's about time a re-visit one of Chicago's fabulous art museums. 

No comments: