Monday, October 17, 2011

Paris Books

I love any and everything about Paris.  It is by far one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been and until I can make my way back to that city, I absolutely love reading about it.  There's nothing better than getting caught up in a good book that can transport my mind back there.  Some of my favorite reads about Paris include:


French Lessons by Ellen Sussman - This is a steamy and romantic story about 3 young, attractive French tutors in Paris and the 3 American students they teach. 


The Paris Wife by Paula McLain - this is about Earnest Hemingway's first wife and their life together in Paris.  I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this book, the writing really is beautiful.


Postcards from France by Megan Mcneill Libby - This is a very short, but very sweet, book written by a young girl documenting her year abroad in France.  Seeing France through the eyes of a high school girl was a very different way of viewing it, but lovely just the same.



Up next on my list of Paris reads is Parisian Chic: A Style Guide, by Ines de la Fressange - This will help me in my quest to dress more French!

No comments: