Monday, October 3, 2011

Bringing Back the Brooch

Ever since I saw Mondo wearing an adorable hot pink sea-horse brooch on Project Runway last season, I've been considering wearing a statement brooch of my own.  I haven't found the perfect one for me yet, and I keep hesitating on whether or not I should even get one.  But then I saw my girl Kate wearing one in Canada, and I know they are safe to wear.  So I've decided to resume my search and make it happen.
Kate Middleton in Canada sporting a Maple Leaf Brooch via What Kate Wore

I did get the ban.do mini heart pin, which I love.  I feel like it's a good starter-brooch.  And it doesn't hurt that it's entirely made of sequins!  I love pinning this on a blazer for work.  It adds just enough sparkle.


I'm also kind of digging this bike brooch from Howkapow.  It has the perfect amount of whimsy to spice up an outfit.

Hmmm. What do you think - would you wear a brooch?

No comments: