Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Front Door Fashion

When I first moved in with my boyfriend and we began discussing redecorating ideas, one of my first ideas was I wanted to frame the peephole on the inside of our front door just like they did on Friends.  I've always wanted to do it, but was never able to in a rented apartment.  Since he owns this place, it seemed like the perfect time to make it happen.  Sadly, he shot the idea down rather quickly so I've been looking for new ways to spice up the entry way.

The famous Friends framed peephole via Joe&Cheryl
In my search, I came across this gorgeous front door on Likainen Parketti's site.  It's not in English so unfortunately, I cannot read her whole design process, but I did discover that she did this entirely out of tape!! So amazing!  My boyfriend is on board with this new project, so now I'm on the hunt to find the right tape and then I think I'll try it out!

Via Likainen Parketti

P.S. Did you know that you can actually buy the same style of frame that they used on Friends?!  I had no idea, but you can buy one just like it on Amazon!


No comments: