Tuesday, July 15, 2008

let me introduce myself...

I'm Jenny. A 23 year old non-smoker from Iowa, currently residing in Chicago. I spend most of my down time watching bad reality tv, attempting arts&crafts, starting new crossword puzzles (I'm determined to finish one all on my own, without cheating, but it has yet to happen) and reading all kinds of design/art/crafty blogs. Although I'm not much of a writer, I have been inspired to try my hand at blogging. Although whether my blog will be of interest to others is yet to be determined, so I'm giving it a test run. So to begin, here's a short list of things that are me.

1. I was famous for a short time. Don't believe me? Check this out.
2. I graduated from the University of Iowa with a BBA in Marketing and a minor in Art History
3. I've been out of college for 14 months and 9 of those 14 months I spent living and working in London and traveling throughout Europe thanks to BUNAC. I moved there with a few friends a week after graduation with no job, no home, and a lot of anxiety. It turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Every college graduate should do it.
4. Upon my return to America, I lived with my parents for 4 months of stressful job hunting, until I obtained a job here and promptly moved to Chicago.
5. I have never worked out regularly in my life.
6. I have 3 sisters. 1 older, 2 younger. And this fall, for the first time in our lives, we will live in 4 separate homes.
7. I'm a firm believer in library books. I love to read but have an extremely small book collection of my own.
8. I am in love with art history. Actually, I'm in love with anything old and beautiful. I still can't believe I had the opportunity to see this and this.
9. Last summer I was a paid movie extra...excuse me, "background artist" to be exact, in this movie.
10. I have no idea what I'm going to blog about each day, but I'm excited to find out.

No comments: